
I've never so much as recorded my own voice in my entire life. Sure, my voice has been recorded before on Narrator stuff but never once have I ever put my voice and only my voice on anything. I've always recorded things at home, mostly just layering joyful little riffs that I like playing. Never voice. Ever. Well, today it happened: I sat around doing pretty much nothing all day and felt inspired to spend an hour or so recording a cover of one of my favorite little New Zealand ditties, Stormed Port, by The Rip. The Rip was Alastair Galbraith's first vehicle and would eventually include Graeme & Peter Jefferies. They're, like, New Zealand famous. Well, not really, but to me & those like me they are. The Rip stuff is very hard to find a hard copy of but very easy to find around the blogs. I suggest picking it up, but until then, give this debut a listen. The vocals on their own sound like me... talking... kinda. However, with all the layers and everything, I'm less weird about it. So less weird, in fact, that I'd thought I'd share it with friends. I don't know how many of these I'll do or what's up with the Dylan references. Ask him in person:

No comments:
Post a Comment