Sunday, January 18, 2009

And I Know Where Glen Campbell Lived.




Wow. It's been a bit. Believe it or not, I've been busy. The kind of busy that makes me want to be "unemployed" again. I know, right? At a time like this?!! 12+ hr. days, 6 days a week will do that to you. And for what? Another dose of "reality" for VH1? I wish were I working on something a little more interesting, believe me, but America needs ____ of Love 2012 and I need to work to stay cool. So...

The good news is that we are shooting in a mansion in the Hollywood Hills that Glen Campbell used to own in the 70's. A gorgeous little dump with what RZA would proclaim as having "PARA-LYZin views, nigga." in the SNL skit I've had in my head for a couple of years now entitled RZA Real Estate (one in which he, and other Wu-Tang members, get into the real estate business). Problem is, I always deliver that line in my best 36 Chambers-era Method Man voice so the skit has its flaws. That and that I'm a member of the Caucasian Connection and not Wu-Tang. You kinda really can't run around saying things like that among people who hardly know you if you're not on SNL.  

In a rush to keep things moving, I've thrown together a mix for the crickets. Also, one of the most on-top-of-it kids I know started rollin' a blog down Blog Hill. You should check it out (especially if you like hip-hop & ultra-modern perversion):    http://youcangetwithdiss.blogspot.com    He'll make you the coolest DJ in the neighborhood and no one needs to know about it.

I'm wasted and I've been watching the Third Man in Spanish and now I need to go to sleep.


1. My Autumn's Done Come - Lee Hazelwood
2. You Just Can't Win - Them
3. Nothing to be Done - The Pastels
4. Hymn from a Village - James
5. Out in the Streets - The Shangri-Las
6. We Want You to Stay - Bill Fay
7. End of All Things - Times New Viking
8. The Water - Goblin Mix
9. By Chance - The Go-Betweens
10. The Fight- The dbs
11. Make a Deal with the City - East River Pipe





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out my friend... So, I spoke with Ryan the other day, and I was glad to hear that all is going well for you out West... Keeping busy is a good thing, so enjoy it while it lasts! A charming fella like yourself should have no trouble finding new work, once the current gig is over... Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the front-runner for Blog of the Year 2009. You've got more updates than a news ticker. Seriously good stuff, buddy. Keep the hit factory alive.

    ReplyDelete